WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device used to access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted. The latter provides you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion provides information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the Website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Google Drive – this service is used to administer reader surveys or collect information from potential advertisers. Google Drive may capture your name and email address.
- MailChimp– this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- WordPress – this service is used to publish our website. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent. However, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which can be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, and other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information is publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or all companies represented through affiliate programs or related to advertising on the Site, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to see a list of the affiliate partners or advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences icon. (Available in the EU.)
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Healthy Living Bud-e is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website posts customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, if provided, or other giveaways which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters and/or giveaways sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We make every attempt to keep your Personal Information secure, but we realize that no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee absolute security. By using this Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Last updated: March 9, 2019
Advertising and Affiliate Disclosure
This blog is maintained and edited by Halle Beadmin. Occasionally guest authors write for us.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, and/or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics, or posts made on this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Healthy Living Bud-e is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Healthy Living Bud-e uses affiliate links on this website. This means that if you choose to make a purchase or sign up for certain programs, I earn a commission. Some companies Healthy Living Bud-e is affiliated with are eBay, JVZoo, WarriorPlus, Etsy, Clickbank, ShareASale, directive21, TradeBit, Commission Junction, Nesta, Rakuten Marketing, ClixGalore, MoreNiche, FlexOffers, PayDotCom, VigLink, PayLoadz, and eJunkie, as well as individual websites offering affiliate programs. While this list is not extensive or inclusive, please note that we only promote advertising from companies we trust and feel we can legitimately recommend to our readers.
If there are any questions regarding this disclosure policy, you may contact us using the information below.