The word invokes visions of calm, sweet smelling, surroundings that beckon you to come, sit down, and relax for a while.
Aromatherapy and Essential Oil Therapy are synonyms for a holistic healing treatment using natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Through medicinally enhancing your body’s emotional and physical health, it is the practice of using aromatic essential oils to improve the body, mind, and spirit.
Down through the century, aromatherapy has been considered as a remedy to soothes the body and mind. These remedies relieve symptoms coming from a variety of diseases. In addition, the remedies relieve stress, anxiety, nervous tension, as well as their related symptoms.
People throughout the world have used aromatherapy. The French natives, Egyptians, Germans, Brazilians, Europeans, Indians, Canadians, Americans, people in the Mediterranean, and more rely on the healing capabilities of aromatherapy.
Oils, the primary component include both scented and essential oils. Some of these are:
- Basil used to relieve bronchitis, aches and pains, colds, pains from childbirth, congestion, fatigue, head colds, depression, hysteria, insect bites, herpes, headaches, and flu.
- Cedarwood used as an antiseptic, aphrodisiac, anti-seborrheic, astringent, and fungicidal.
- Celery Seed used as an anti-oxidative, an aid to treat rheumatic symptoms, an antiseptic aid in treating urinary problems, an antispasmodic remedy, an aperitif, to purify and detoxify, to heal the digestive system, as a sedative, and to stimulate the uterus.
- Carrot Seed used for skin care, toning, revitalizing, and firming the skin, eliminating toxins, reducing water buildup, detoxifying to clean the liver, body, and digestion system respectively, relieving gouty symptoms, arthritis, rheumatism, and edema, an anti-inflammatory agent, strengthen mucous membranes of the nose, lungs, and throat area, relieving influenza and bronchitis symptoms, providing comfort, hope, strength, and power.
- African Bluegrass oils used as an astringent, anti-fungal agent, antiviral agent, and to sooth the feet. AVOID using around your eyes.
- Bergamot utilized to treat depression, relieve tension and stress, to relieve hysteria, fear, and related symptoms, to relieve infections, eczema, psoriasis, anorexia, and general convalescence.
- Clove Bud used recurrently to reduce placid gum and teeth aches or pain, to fight common colds and flu.
- Leaf oils depending on the oil used, benefits include warming the mind and body, using as aphrodisiacs, antiseptics, carminative, and medicinal agents to strengthen the gums, enhance teeth life, and freshen breath.
Each oil has its purpose for healing the body and mind. Before using any oil, read all the available instructions.
Need Additional Information about Aromatherapy?
This two hour audible educates you on how natural essences work and how to use them, their therapeutic effects, and even how to make your own massage oils, aromatic essences, and ointments.
Think “romantic partner massages”…Yuummmm!
Learn more about aromatherapy so you can combine the correct oils to achieve the right formulation for optimal physical and emotional states. This educational audio covers the most important practical applications of aromatherapy for you and your family.